Last Updated September 1, 2022
Xeris’ Commitment to Privacy
We respect the privacy of information that we obtain from visitors to this Site. It is our intention to balance our legitimate business interests in collecting and using information received from and about you with your reasonable expectations of privacy.
What Is Personal Information?
How We Collect, Use, and Disclose Personal Information
We collect certain Personal Information provided by you for the purpose of registering for Services or responding to your requests for information via the Site.
We may use your Personal Information or Usage Information that we collect about you:
- to provide you with Services or process transactions that you have requested or agreed to receive including to send you electronic newsletters, or to provide you with special offers or promotional materials on behalf of us or third parties;
- to process your registration with the Services, including verifying your information is active and valid;
- to improve the Services, to customize your experience with the Services, or to serve you specific content that is most relevant to you;
- to enable you to participate in a variety of the Service features such as online or mobile entry sweepstakes, contests or other promotions;
- to contact you regarding your use of the Services and, in our discretion, changes to the Services or our policies;
- for internal business purposes;
- for inclusion in our data analytics; and
We do not disclose any Personal Information about you to any third parties except under the following circumstances:
- We may need to disclose your Personally Information when required by law, regulation, or if we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a court order or subpoena, to cooperate with investigations by law enforcement or regulatory authorities or to participate or cooperate with a judicial proceeding.
- In a merger, acquisition by another company, or a sale of all or a portion of our assets, your Personal Information will, in most instances, be transferred to the control of a third party. We will post a notice on our Site for 30 days after a change of ownership or control of our business or assets. If you have provided us with your email address, we may (but are not required to) send you an email notifying you of such transfer.
- Personal Information which Xeris collects for a particular purpose will only be saved and used for that purpose, unless you agree to allow Xeris to use it for some other purpose. When you have provided Personal Information to Xeris for a particular purpose, Xeris may disclose such information to other companies that Xeris has engaged to assist it in fulfilling your request. This may include, but is not limited to, fulfillment houses, billing services, transaction managers, credit verification services, and other third-party service providers. Xeris may also disclose any your personal information to law enforcement or other appropriate third parties in connection with criminal investigations, investigation of fraud, infringement of intellectual property rights, or other suspected illegal activities, as may be required by applicable law, or, as Xeris may deem necessary in its sole discretion, in order to protect the legitimate legal and business interests of Xeris.
We sometimes aggregate demographic information, and the types of systems and browsers of users for internal purposes, so that we may better understand the user of our Services. Personal Information does not include “aggregate” information. Aggregate information is data we collect about a group of users, from which individual identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use the Service, or the results of such use, may be collected and combined with similar information from others, but no Personal Information will be included in the resulting aggregate data. We can extract statistical data from your content in order to provide it to other users or partners without connecting it to any personal data such as name or e-mail address. Aggregate data helps us understand trends and user needs so that we can better consider new products and services, and tailor existing products and services to customer desires. You understand that we may commercialize aggregate information by any and all means, and that you will receive no payment or other consideration in respect of such use.
We do not intentionally collect information about children under the age of eighteen. If you are under eighteen, please do not give us any Personal Information. Xeris complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and all other applicable laws and regulations concerning children and the Internet. If the parent or guardian of an individual who is a minor discovers that the individual has submitted his or her Personal Information without the parent or guardian’s permission or consent, Xeris will take reasonable steps to remove such Personal Information from the Site and Xeris’ servers at the parent or guardian’s request. To request removal of Personal Information of a minor, please send Xeris an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include in the message the registered user name (if applicable) and legal name of the minor.
IP Addresses and Log File Data
In addition to any Personal Information or other information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Site (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may include the browser that you are using, the URL that referred you to our Site, all the areas within our Site that you visit, and the time of day, among other information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purposes, including to enhance or otherwise improve the Site. In addition, we collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for your computer, mobile or other device used to access the Services (any, a “Device”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Site, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you.
Whenever we associate Usage Information or a Device Identifier with your Personal Information, we will treat it as Personal Information.
A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to access the Services. A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device. Cookies and Flash Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages. Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website.
Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1×1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web and mobile pages and messages. The web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on our Site by informing us what content is effective, counting users of the Site, monitoring how users navigate the Site, counting how many e-mails we send are opened or counting how many articles or links were viewed. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to your Personal Information.
An embedded script is a programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Site, such as the links you click. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Site, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS AND NOTICE TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS
Xeris may collect various types of Personal Information about you online. Under California and Canadian law, users of the Services who are residents of California or Canada may request certain information about our disclosure of Personal Information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and to request updates to such Personal Information or revocation of consent of use of such Personal Information. To make such a request, please send us an email to email@example.com with the words “Privacy Rights” in the subject line or call us toll-free at 1-877-937-4717. Further, if you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your Personal Information. To learn more about your CCPA rights, visit CCPA PRIVACY NOTICE.
We maintain reasonable technical, administrative and physical controls to secure any Personal Information collected through the Services. However, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party could intercept an Internet transmission, or that someone will find a way to thwart our security systems. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Information over the Internet, especially your health-related information. We cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your Personal Information; therefore, when submitting Personal Information to us, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks. If you believe there has been any breach your Personal Information or the security of our Site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Breach of Personal Information